BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 25 --- Job 41-42 - Matthew 16

Day 25 --- Job 41-42 - Matthew 16 April 29
God told Job that no one is fierce enough to rouse him and that everything under heaven belongs to him. After the Lord finished speaking Job said, “ Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. You said, Listen now and I will speak: I will question you, and you shall answer me. My ears have heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes.” The lord was angry with Eliphaz and the two friends because even in Job’s rage he was determined to speak honestly of the Lord. The others talked many correct statements, but without living knowledge of the God they have claimed to honor. The Lord blessed the latter parts of Job’s live and at a hundred and forty years he died living a full life. That is the end of the book of Job.
When Jesus and his disciples crossed the lake to the Pharisees and Sadducees they forgot to bring bread. The disciples were worried they did not bring any bread with them. Jesus corrected them and told them, “You of little faith, don’t you remember the feeding of 4 thousand and 5 thousand?” Jesus told them to be on their guard against the teachings of the Pharisees and Sadducees. Jesus then in this chapter predicts his death and tells the disciples he has to go to Jerusalem and suffer many things.

0 comments: