BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 22 --- Job 34-35 - Matthew 14:22-3

Day 22 --- Job 34-35 - Matthew 14:22-36 April 26
Elihu spoke to Job and quotes what Job has said that defends God’s justice against what he considered to be Job’s false theology. In Matthew 14: 22-36 Jesus had the disciples get into the boat and go on the other side while he dismissed a group of people and went up to the mountainside and prayed. When he came back down he walked across the lake to get to the disciples. They thought it was a ghost on the water and became very afraid. Jesus told him it was him and do not be afraid. Peter, with doubt, said if it is you then tell me to come with you. Jesus told Peter to come. Just like that Peter was walking on the water with Jesus. The message I got out of this was to have faith in God and do not be afraid because he is there for me. Peter was scared to walk on the water and when Peter began to sink in the water he became worried, but Jesus told him not to worry because he was there.
Yesterday my family and I were in Mexico. In Utah, I am so quick to judge the illegal Mexicans and complain that they need to learn English and go back to where they came from. In Mexico when you walk on the streets the Mexicans will sell you the clothes off their back for one American dollar. They envy the Americans and I can t tell you how many Mexicans wanted to sell me something. This was a humbling experience for me because it made me think how lucky I am to be blessed with an amazing country with the opportunities we have today. A little 13 year old boy Jesus spent the day with us, speaking no English, and it was sad to see that he had no family all day and no one to care where he was at the time. We gave him some money to go get something to eat when we left and he gave us all hugs and I wrote down my email address for him. We had someone translate what he was saying and he told us he loves America and wants to come one day. We told him we had to get back on our ship back to America and he wanted to come with us. Sometimes I lose sight of the real reason of life. God put us on Earth to take care of one another and not to hate. I am glad I got to see and understand why so many people would sacrifice anything to live in America.

0 comments: