BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Job 25-27 Matthew 12:24-50

Day 18: Job 25-27 Matthew 12:24-50

The book of Job is a difficult book to fully understand. Job said this verse and it made me think of some things. 2 "As surely as God lives, who has denied me justice,
the Almighty, who has made me taste bitterness of soul,

3 as long as I have life within me,
the breath of God in my nostrils,

4 my lips will not speak wickedness,
and my tongue will utter no deceit.

5 I will never admit you are in the right;
till I die, I will not deny my integrity.

6 I will maintain my righteousness and never let go of it;
my conscience will not reproach me as long as I live.

How many times in our life will be cling to our dignity and never admit we are wrong? Job feels the same when others try to sway his thinking. Job never wants to admit that he is wrong.

I was recently arguing with Chadd about a verse in the bible. He said that there is one sin God will not forgive and I thought he was wrong until i stumbled on this verse. 31And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

37For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."
Remember what we do on Earth, what we say, and how we act will be acquitted or will be condemned on judgement day.

0 comments: