BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 12, 2010

Genesis 20-22 Matthew 6: 19-34

Day 8: Genesis 20-22 Matthew 6:19-34
Genesis 20-22 goes through the prophet Abrahams life. He had a son Isaac with his wife Sarah and god called upon him to sacrifice his son. When Abraham raised his knife to do so, God stopped him and gave him a ram to sacrifice in place. God knew that Abraham feared him.

Matthew 6:19-22 talks about treasures in heaven. On Earth we get too wrapped up with money and having the biggest house, best clothes, most money, etc. When we go to heaven, does any of that really matter? The real treasure is in our hearts. "You cannot serve both God and money.

Matthew 23:34 was very familiar to me. Whenever i would worry about things my mother always recited to me, "Do not worry about tomorrow, for today has enough troubles of its own." God does not want us to worry about our lives, what we will eat or drink. Life is more important than food and the body is more important than clothes. " Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the house, myself, and even with school that I forget that I am not in control of my life. God doesn't want me to worry about these things, he will provide what I need. The real treasure lies in my heart.

0 comments: