BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Job 1-2 Matthew 7

Day 9: Job 1-2 Matthew 7
Satan question God, " Does Job fear God for nothing?' The Lord blessed Job with a family, good fortune, and all that he has. Satan told God that if he took away everything he has, Job would surely curse God's name. God took away his family and put sores all over Job's body. Instead of resenting the Lord like Satan thought he would, Job praised his name and did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing. Life is going to throw twists and turns at me, I need to remember that blaming God is not the answer. I never know if God is testing my faith, like he did with Job.
Matthew 7 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Everyday I struggle with this like most people. who am i to judge? We will all face God on judgement day. It is so quick to cast on judgement, but do we know everything about that person? Not even my husband, friends, or my family know me the way Jesus knows me.
Jesus said, "Do to others what you would have them do to you." I think we have all heard this in our lives a time or two. I recite this to elementary students when they treat others wrong. I need to remember to not cast out judgement and treat others the way God intended us to. Jesus spoke, " Everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock." Jesus also said that, " He who hears these words and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand." I need to remember God's word and live by it.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you


He was numbered among transgressors,
We did esteem Him forsaken by His God;
As our sacrifice He died,
That the law be satisfied,
And all our sin,
and all our sin,
And all our sin was laid on Him

0 comments: