BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Genesis 6-9, Matthew 3

Day 3: Genesis 6-9 Matthew 3

I have to admit, even the short while i have been doing this I have felt closer to God and felt like I am doing this for my relationship with him. I have been going to church every Sunday since i was born, but i always got pieces of stories and scriptures and this is pulling everything together for me.

After God flooded the Earth, Noah sent a Dove out to see if it landed on ground.The Dove came back with an Olive Leaf, then never returned. Noah knew the flood was over. God's covenant for generations and generations and to every living creature on this Earth was to never flood the Earth again, and the rainbow is a symbol of his covenant he made to us. When you look at a rainbow and think how beautiful it is, realize just how beautiful the meaning of the rainbow is. After the flood god was telling Noah to account for every man because life was a gift from god and was precious. Most people have heard this verse sometime in their life.
Gen 9:6 Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in his image of God has God made man.

Matthew 3:
When Jesus was getting baptized, John the Baptised told Jesus he felt that he needed to be baptized by him, and why would Jesus want him to do it. I felt the same reading it, how could a human baptize the holy one? Jesus replied Matthew 3:15 "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." At that moment heaven was opened and God spoke saying this is my son, whom i love and with him i am well pleased. Wow, the thought of that gives me chills, what a majestic sight to see.


Let him in your heart, he will show you the way.

0 comments: