BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Genesis 10-12 Matthew 4

Day 4: Genesis 10-12 Matthew 4

Ever wonder where all the different languages come from? Could you imagine if we all spoke the same language? I think the world would be less complicated, but God did this for a reason. When the clans of Noah's sons spread across the nation and started to build a tower that reaches the heavens, God said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them." When God spread them over all the Earth and confused the languages, they stopped building and that it is why its called "Babel."

In Matthew 4 Jesus told Satan "It is also written: Do not put the Lord your God to the test." I thought about this for a while and there have been times in my younger life when I have wanted something in my life and would ask God for it. I thought if i believed in him, he will give me all that i need and want if he was real. We should never test God, and remember to worship the Lord and serve him only. I love in chapter 4 when Jesus heals the sick and the news spread all over syria. What a sight to see, could you imagine?

Matthew 4:17 "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."

0 comments: