BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 123 --- Psalm 52 - Psalm 57 - Psalm 142 - Luke 22:24

Day 123 --- Psalm 52 - Psalm 57 - Psalm 142 - Luke 22:24

I really enjoy reading psalms. I love every book of the bible but there is something about the way psalms speaks to me. I read this verse,
Your tongue plots destruction;
it is like a sharpened razor,
you who practice deceit.

How is it for us to talk evil and gossip? I do it all the time. God is telling me i need to stop plotting destruction.

Psalms 142 is a prayer David said while he was in a cave. I think about our POW right now held in Afghanistan or Pakistan when I read this. I would imagine he is praying the same prayer. His sister has a blog that she prays on everyday for her brother. I read this verse and thought of our POW. God I ask you to give him strength and courage and rescue him from his prison..

Listen to my cry,
for I am in desperate need;
rescue me from those who pursue me,
for they are too strong for me.

0 comments: